Do you need individual guidance on Italian pronunciation, grammar, and conversation? Take online Italian lessons on Skype!
Singing in a foreign language can be very intimidating. However, with patience, love, and some online Italian lessons with Stefano, you can learn to sing in Italian.
If you study operatic singing or classical music, take online Italian lessons with the only Italian tenor who speaks languages!
Why online Italian lessons for singers?
I can provide professional guidance covering:
- Italian pronunciation and diction
- Singing performance and expression
- Italian grammar (to understand lyrics)
- Italian conversation (to study music and live in Italy)
Perfect diction is essential for opera singers in order to make their performance linguistically understandable without altering the quality of the sound. Understanding what you are singing through correct diction helps improve your technical aspects as well as the formal and interpretive ones.
I will guide the student in acquiring the right pronunciation, expressive nuances and correct emission of the Italian phonemes. Special attention is paid to the 7 vowel sounds, single and double consonants, correct accenting of the words, tonic and phonic accents, and syntactic doubling. The course foresees a combination of breathing exercises (use of the diaphragm and correct phonation) and the study of intonation and rhythm. The texts used come from the operatic repertoire and can also be suggested by the students themselves.
My online Italian lessons entail the study of opera scores in all its aspects from phrasing and accents to the direction of the line of singing, intonation, color, and diction.
The aim is to recognize the languages – both compositional and formal – of the different composers in order to make an in-depth study of the dynamic variations, and the approaches to singing based on the personality of the characters. Special focus is given to the expressive-vocal interpretation as this is closely linked to the words: in fact, the words that put themselves at the service of the sound and not vice-versa.
A Polyglot Singer as a Teacher
If you’re struggling to learn a foreign language, trust the advice of a polyglot language teacher and translator.
I was raised speaking only Italian, and now I speak nine foreign languages, mostly at an advanced level, several of which I learned without going abroad, some in only a few months. I achieved this as an adult by speaking with people, not in class or with books, using original techniques and free or affordable learning resources.
I’ve taught Italian to adults in language schools and universities. I work as an independent translator from Japanese, Korean and Chinese into Italian. I’ve written a book and lectured in polyglot clubs about my method.
I have developed my own Italian audio course “Ripeti con me!” Based on spaced repetition, this course is for total beginners to intermediate learners who want to practice speaking.
Lesson Cancellation Policy
- You may reschedule or cancel on the booking platform up to 24 hours before the lesson.
- I’ll make up for any time lost because of me by granting extra time, or a partial or full refund.
- If you’re late more than 10 minutes, that counts as a no-show.
- Any time lesson lost because of you arriving late, equipment not working etc. is lost. The lesson ends as scheduled.
- A 60-minute lesson lasts 60 minutes or less, not more.
How to Book a Lesson
- Fix an appointment from the form below. Select the type of lesson that you want to take, date, and time. In the notes, tell me about your level and goals. If you want to work on specific lyrics, please send in the music scores. You may also prepare for the lesson by studying the lyrics on this website.
- Proceed to checkout. The lessons may be purchased individually or in a discounted package. In the case of a package, you may book the first lesson now and leave the others unscheduled.
- Be on Skype at the scheduled time.